- acknowledgment of the modified Policy;
- agreement to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
When you visit our website for transaction purposes, we collect the personal information you give us such as your first and last name(s), demographic information, mailing address, e-mail address, phone numbers, credit card number, and more.
When you browse our website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, internet connections, computer equipment, web browsers, websites visited before and after entering the website, and other similar information about traffic and usage, as you navigate to, through, and away from the Website, as well as Cookies, Anonymous Identifiers, Web Beacons, and Other Internet Tracking Technology, in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
We utilize Cookies, Anonymous Identifiers, Web Beacons, and other Internet tracking technology to collect information from your computer. A “Cookie” is a data file that is created and stored on your computer’s hard drive when you visit our Site. An “Anonymous Identifier” is a random string of characters that is used for similar reasons as Cookies.
In order to better provide you with our services, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using our site.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as registering for a user account or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. This information may include your personally-identifying information. In addition, when you create an account, you will be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information, including your name and email address.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon your use of the site. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the site’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you:
- (a) Register for a user account;
- (b) Leave feedback and/or comments; or
- (c) sign up for special offers from us or selected third parties.
In addition, we may also collect, or our third-party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our site, and to gather demographic information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will primarily use your Personally Identifiable Information to (a) provide our services to you, as required by our agreements with you; (b) to enhance the operation of our site; (f) improve our product and service offerings; (g)customize our site’s content, layout, and services; (h) to deliver information to you and to contact you regarding administrative notices; (i) to troubleshoot problems and (j)enforce our agreements with you.
When you provide us with personal information to complete registration, use a service, or book for a retreat, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
HOW TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use, or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at [email protected]
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- (a) our server providers and processing agents;
- (b) service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services;
- (c) financial institutions with which we partner; and
- (d) other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Without limiting the above, occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also provide Non-Personally Identifiable Information about our users’ traffic patterns and related site information to third-party advertisers.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. They are bound by contractual obligations to keep such information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the information is disclosed.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect information about our traffic through Google ads and other anonymous identifiers. We use Google Analytics cookies and other cookies to compile data to better understand your preferences and provide you a tailored experience.
- Mailchimp. We use Mailchimp e-mail marketing services to send mass communication e-mails to users. We track how users open these e-mails and what links they click so that we can better serve customers with services and information that they find relevant. When you “subscribe” to our mailing list, you agree to receive e-mail advertisements and other information from us. Out of precaution we use a “double opt-in” feature before adding you to our e-mail list, meaning you must both provide your contact information and then click the confirmation link in a follow-up e-mail. Upon receiving an e-mail from us, you may still choose to opt-out of future e-mail messages by clicking the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of our e-mails and following Mailchimp simple opt-out procedure.
- Stripe. We utilize Stripe (“Stripe”) to process payment transactions. When you make a purchase, selecting Stripe, you will be required to provide personal information, together with your payment information. We don’t collect or store your payment information on this website’s server. Stripe collects the information you enter and stores that information on its website.
- PayPal. We also utilize PayPal (“PayPal”) to process payment transactions. When you make a purchase, selecting PayPal, you might be required to provide Personal Information together with your payment information (including but not limited to, your credit card number), or you might choose to connect with your PayPal account. We do not collect or store your payment information on this Site’s web server. Paypal collects the information you enter and stores that information on its website.
- Other Third-Party Services. In addition to the applications listed above, we use other third-party services to obtain, track, and store user information.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information in your account online at any time by logging on to your account and editing your information.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
We may, from time to time, send you an e-mail regarding our services. In addition, we and our partners may occasionally send you direct mail (including e-mail) about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from such e-mail messages.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Vitalist Healing Traditions. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. We will then correct our records, and notify any third parties to whom such personal information may have been transmitted as described above.
- Right to data portability. You may request a copy of all personal information you have provided to us after which we will transmit those data to another data controller of your choice.
- Right to opt-out of marketing communications. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Right to withdraw consent. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
- Right to object to processing. You may request that we stop processing your personal information. Please note you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
- Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Vitalist Healing Traditions, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Vitalist Healing Traditions will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Vitalist Healing Traditions.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of, or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our lawful basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect vital interests.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. In particular, we:
- hold personal information in secure facilities and where the information is held electronically, on secure servers.
- use encrypted transmission links whenever we can.
- use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords), and access control mechanisms to control unauthorized access to systems and data.
- regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. Vitalist Healing Traditions may discipline or terminate individuals who maliciously acquire information, without being entitled to its access.
Once client information is no longer needed, Vitalist Healing Traditions will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the information as long as Vitalist Healing Traditions is not required by applicable laws and regulations. We will take it seriously and deal promptly with any accidental or unauthorized disclosure of personal information. We follow the relevant scheme for notifiable data breaches where applicable and when handling accidental or unauthorized disclosures of personal information.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above and to engage in auditing, research, or reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described above will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
HOW AND WHY DOES VITALIST HEALING TRADITIONS USE THEM?
Vitalist Healing Traditions keeps all the information collected from cookies in a non–personally identifiable format. Vitalist Healing Traditions cookies located on your computer do not retain your name or your IP address.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DOES VITALIST HEALING TRADITIONS USE?
The following types of cookies are used on Vitalist Healing Traditions websites.
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of a website. Without these cookies, this website won’t work properly. Accordingly, we are not asking you for your specific consent for those cookies. For all other cookies, your informed consent is required.
- Session cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookie files that are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and go back to the site that created that cookie, the website will treat you as a new visitor.
- Cookies that send information to us. These are the cookies that we set on Vitalist Healing Traditions Site and they can only be read by that site. This is known as a "First Party" cookie.
We also place cookies on brand ads which are placed on other websites owned by third parties. We obtain information via those cookies when you click on or interact with the advertisement. In this situation, the brand is placing a “Third Party” cookie. The brand may use the information obtained by these cookies to serve you with advertising that is relevant and of interest to you based on your past online behaviour.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES / TURNING OFF COOKIES
NOTICE CONCERNING DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT and a common approach to responding to DNT.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to third-party websites, whose information practices may be different from Vitalist Healing Traditions’. Visitors should consult such third-party sites’ privacy notices as Vitalist Healing Traditions does not have any control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. Vitalist Healing Traditions does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party.
These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Vitalist Healing Traditions of the contents on such third-party websites. Vitalist Healing Traditions cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from the Website since these sites are owned and operated by independent retailers.
Vitalist Healing Traditions is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party sites. Vitalist Healing Traditions has not taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites. If you decide to access linked third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Vitalist Healing Traditions strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the Vitalist Healing Traditions website and or certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or through our site. Once we have received your information, we will use security features and procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING
We do not use or disclose your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless we obtained your consent, such as through an opt-in or opt-out tick box on any form or website of ours.
DATA SECURITY POLICY
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with visitors to the Website—as well as Vitalist Healing Traditions customer information, such as cell phone numbers, texts, messages, credit card information, addresses, and other account data—is of utmost concern to Vitalist Healing Traditions.com, and we have implemented, and periodically review, certain physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security. Your payment and personal information are always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including your credit card number, name, and address. Unfortunately, due to the open nature of Internet communications, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure, and thus we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Vitalist Healing Traditions will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Visitors of the Website and Vitalist Healing Traditions customers use the Website at their own risk.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
We will hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes set forth in this Policy or if we are legally required or permitted to do so. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
If a situation arises, where you have a privacy dispute, please contact Vitalist Healing Traditions directly and we will be glad to work in a fair and practical way with you. Our contact info is mentioned below. If your communication with Vitalist Healing Traditions has not led to a mutually agreeable resolution, we shall participate in the dispute resolution procedures established by the American data protection authorities to resolve disputes.
You are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request; however, failure to do so may result in our being unable to open or maintain your account or to provide services to you. While we make every effort to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and up to date, you can help us considerably in this regard by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your personal information.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You must be at least 18 years old (or otherwise reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, whichever is older) to have our permission to use this site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age.
You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, address, etc.) on any profile page, discussion forum, message board, or other public areas of the site, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be viewed, collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Any submissions to public areas on this site are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to third parties.
ENQUIRIES AND FURTHER DETAILS
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please send an email to us at [email protected]